Festive Late-Night Opening
30 November 2023, 5–8pm
Join us at Kettle’s Yard for a festive evening in the galleries, shop and café.
Celebrate the festive season with this special evening event at Kettle’s Yard. Enjoy our Making New Worlds: Li Yuan-chia & Friends exhibition after-hours, visit the Kettle’s Yard shop for some Christmas shopping, and enjoy a treat in our café. You can also expect a selection of carols and Christmas songs from local choir, BEATITUDE.
Here’s what you can enjoy at our Festive Late-Night Opening…
The Kettle’s Yard Shop will be open late for you to enjoy some Christmas shopping. Browse our range of gifts inspired by the collection and exhibitions, and handmade treasures by Nook of the North, Just Trade, Ola Studio and more.
The Garden Kitchen Café
Warm up with a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie whilst browsing our new Christmas gift boxes of small cakes and chocolate truffles. Make an evening of it and stay for dinner. We’ll be serving a festive vegetable tagine throughout the evening.
Get in the Christmas spirit with a selection of carols and Christmas songs from BEATITUDE.
Making New Worlds: Li Yuan-chia and Friends
Enjoy our new exhibition, Making New Worlds: Li Yuan-chia and Friends after-hours.
This group exhibition is based on the pioneering vision of artist Li Yuan-chia (1929 – 1994) and the LYC Museum & Art Gallery which he founded and ran between 1972 and 1983 in the Cumbrian village of Banks, alongside Hadrian’s Wall.
The exhibition retraces Li’s commitment to fostering creativity, his interest in play and his investment in new ways of being in the world. Through the LYC, Li showcased Roman artefacts, works by major figures of British modernism, local artists and contemporary practices including kineticism, land art and video. The LYC’s children’s room provided a place for young people to experiment with art making, while craft workshops played host to communities of making. Much like Kettle’s Yard, the LYC also had a library, a garden, and spaces to socialise, transforming how we encounter art.
- The galleries, where exhibitions are shown, and all areas of the Clore Learning Studio (level -1) and Ede Room (level 2) are fully accessible.
- We have wheelchair accessible toilets on the lower ground, ground and first floor.
- There is a lift giving access to all floors located past the galleries, just beside the Clore Learning Studio on the ground floor.
- Kettle’s Yard welcomes assistance and service dogs in all areas.
- We have large-print versions of the wall text available.
- We can lend visitors small folding seats for taking around exhibitions or using at non-seated events. Please ask a Visitor Assistant for help finding a seat.